Review of the August 31st Startup Pitch/Demo Event
Hello 805 Startups!
Here is the review our Startup Pitch/Demo Event.
- Over 57 startups applied to present
- Those startups operate out of San Diego, Santa Barbara, Oxnard, Los Angeles, and Conejo Valley
- Over 225 people attended
- Barone’s Pizzeria and Clean Living Food brought some amazing grub!
- So Cal IP provided a provisional patent filing to Klickly for winning the Judges Vote
- Hub101 and Cal Lutheran University also provided Klickly with a year’s membership to Hub101 for their entire team
- Many of the presenting startups have been contacted by investors on our panel of judges and by some others in attendance
There were two groups that presented.
Early Stage Startups:
Later Stage Startups:
An we had an amazing panel will judged the Early Stage Startups group:
• Richard Wolpert of Amplify and Accel Partners
• Asher Leids, a successful lawyer and angel investor
• Leonard Lanzi of LAVA and Topanga Ventures LLC.
• Dan Peate of Peate Ventures, Driav, and Hixme
• Steve Kao of Loot Crate
All in all, it was a fantastic success. We want to thank you for being a part of the event and for your support!
We want to let you all know that we are working more great events before the year’s end for startups to present to the 805 Startups community and our many investors.
Stay tuned for a full calendar year of events!
We want to thank our key sponsors for their support:
Additionally, we would like to thank the following event sponsors for providing outstanding food for the event:
Clean Living Club – cleanlivingclub.com
Barone’s Pizzeria – http://baronespizzeria.com/
Both provide catering options for your next event, office meeting, or party.
Barone’s is even capable of catering up to 25 miles away from either of their two locations.
Thank you all again for your continued support. Big plans are in the works. Expect an announcement shortly.
Gary and Alon