Software Engineer, Search Infrastructure
Online construction software for project management, cost management, communications and collaboration.
Procore’s collaborative construction management platform connects all construction team members to the information they need, bringing together data from all aspects of an ongoing project. As a founding member of our Search Infrastructure team, you will spearhead the development of streamlined information retrieval across our platform through the implementation of a high performance, scalable search system.
The right individual will bring an in-depth knowledge of search fundamentals, combined with a hands on ability to design, implement, and launch the next version of search at Procore.
- Design, develop, implement and launch a high performance scalable search system, minimizing maintenance and ensuring performance and reliability
- Work across engineering squads to ensure delivery of a user friendly search experience for our clients
- Analyze and improve efficiency, scalability, and stability of servers and processes.
- Implement granular permissions across search
- BS or MS in Computer Science or related field
- 3-5 years experience with search infrastructure
- Experience with file systems, concurrency, multithreading, server architecture and distributed systems.
- Working knowledge of information retrieval technology and improving query result relevancy
- Familiarity with Elasticsearch
- Strong communication skills with the ability to structure and deliver analyses
- Experience and ability translating learned models into real-time scoring systems for both general relevancy and personalized relevancy provisions
- Specialized domain knowledge and expertise (e.g., web search, information retrieval, enterprise search)
- Experience with supervised/unsupervised facet extraction from mixed structured/unstructured data sets
Procore Technologies, founded in 2003, provides cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe. It is the collaborative hub of construction intelligence, connecting all construction team members to the information they need, when they need it. Procore’s comprehensive platform increases project communication and efficiency by streamlining, automating, and mobilizing project communications and documentation. This 24/7 accessibility to project data minimizes costly risks and delays, ultimately boosting profits. Procore helps construction services companies of all types manage projects including industrial plants, office buildings, apartment complexes, university facilities, retail centers, and more.
At Procore we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work, are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas, all while in an open collaborative environment. We believe in keeping our employees happy – whether that’s the latest tech, catered lunches, dog friendly offices, or our fitness programs. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and grow with Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, with offices across the United States. To learn more about our team, click here.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://grnh.se/1wc7ko1 →