Online construction software for project management, cost management, communications and collaboration.
Procore is seeking an experienced Procurement Manager to support company-wide purchasing needs as well as to help develop and implement procurement policies and strategy. This individual will manage purchasing efforts across the company, liaise with the business owners in every department to receive requests for purchases, understand the business case and business needs, and help source the required products by developing and maintaining excellent vendor partnerships.
This role also works closely with the Finance, Legal, and IT departments to ensure that company procurement efforts comply with budget constraints, legal contract review requirements, and IT and systems security.
The ideal candidate would possess experience working in a procurement department for a software or technology company and would have familiarity with scaling a company’s procurement efforts. This candidate would ideally also have experience in procuring subscription-based software, managing a significant tech stack, and overseeing computer, or other IT, hardware purchasing. Finally, the ideal candidate must be comfortable leading negotiations with vendors and obtaining competitive pricing and terms, and possess the skill set needed to successfully execute the responsibilities and duties listed below.
This position is based in our headquarters in Carpinteria, CA on the bluffs overlooking the Pacific Ocean. We’re looking for someone to join our team immediately.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop, hone, and execute new and improved procurement strategies across all channels of purchasing
- Evaluate and enhance operations in local spend while researching and prospecting developments in global spend
- Track and report key functional metrics to reduce expenses and increase productivity
- Perform cost analysis and set appropriate benchmarks
- Coordinate deliveries and purchasing processes
- Build and maintain relationships with internal clients and key stakeholders, such as Operations, Legal, Accounting and Finance
- Negotiate mutually beneficial high value purchasing agreements with key vendors
- Collaborate with legal, IT, and finance to create policies and procedures for risk management and mitigation
- Strategize and execute successful sourcing strategies
- Discover profitable suppliers and initiate business and organization partnerships
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms and maintain positive partnerships
- Approve the ordering of necessary goods, services, and systems
- Evaluate existing contracts and processes
- Negotiate software subscription agreements and manage a significant tech stack
- Collaborate with key persons and teams across the company to ensure clarity of the specifications and expectations of the company
- Adjust negotiation strategy to account for the comparative negotiating ability of both outside vendors and business principals within the company
- Expect unfavorable events through analysis of data and prepare control strategies
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs
The successful candidate will have:
- 3-6 years of experience in a procurement department; preferably at a software or technology company
- Talent in negotiations and networking
- Good knowledge of supplier or third party management software
- Aptitude in decision-making and working with numbers
- Great interpersonal skills and the ability to train others on procurement policies
- Experience in collecting and analyzing data
- Strong leadership capabilities
- Prior management or supervisory experience preferred
- BSc degree in supply chain management, logistics, or business administration a plus
Procore Technologies, founded in 2003, provides cloud-based construction management software to clients across the globe. It is the collaborative hub of construction intelligence, connecting all construction team members to the information they need, when they need it. Procore’s comprehensive platform increases project communication and efficiency by streamlining, automating, and mobilizing project communications and documentation. This 24/7 accessibility to project data minimizes costly risks and delays, ultimately boosting profits. Procore helps construction services companies of all types manage projects including industrial plants, office buildings, apartment complexes, university facilities, retail centers, and more.
At Procore we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work, and are encouraged to try new ideas, all while in an open, collaborative environment. We believe in keeping our employees happy—whether that’s the latest tech, catered lunches, dog friendly offices, or our fitness programs. You’ll have the opportunity to work with a great group of people, mentor others, and grow with Procore. Our headquarters is located on the bluffs above the Pacific Ocean in Carpinteria, with growing offices across the United States. To learn more about our team, click here.
To apply for this job please visit the following URL: http://grnh.se/1wc7ko1 →